Monday, January 9, 2012

Been a while, eh?

I'm a bad blogger. I'm not sure what I've been doing that was so important I couldn't punch out a few words online. Heaven knows I'm on the computer long enough every day.

The past six months have been a whirlwind of emotion. My husband, Red, came home one day to let me know he was being deployed. This was not out of left field, mind you, but still not something anyone wants to hear. The thing is, we were never sure of when he was leaving until about a month ago. That's the military for you; hurry up and wait. I've come to terms with that aspect of it, but I will never be okay with sending my husband to a war zone. Eleven days until deployment. Crap.

Awaiting my husband's departure, I did not think it advantageous to visit a doctor about trying to conceive. I want a baby more than anything, but I was afraid the stress of Red leaving would counteract any method I tried. Don't let that fool you however, I do NOT believe relaxing will fix an actual physiological problem pertaining to infertility. I understand the concept of stress delaying ovulation, or stopping it for a month. But even in my stress free days I did not get pregnant.

At this time my follower count is stuck at zero. Go figure, I haven't blogged in over six months. Who wants to stick around for a crappy blogger? But I desperately want someone that understands the struggles of trying to conceive all the while knowing Uncle Sam can throw a wrench in it whenever he damn well pleases, and the people around me haven't been so kind. My thoughts on society and so called friends are enough to scare anyone away.

No comments:

Post a Comment